If you have any questions about how to remove backgrounds in canva, your search ends here. Canva provides one of the best online background removal tools in the market. It’s easy, fast, and removes backgrounds very precisely.
You don’t have to learn photoshop just to remove a background from an image. This simple tool in canva can save you a lot of hassle in your graphic designing process!
In this article, I will answer the most pressing questions people have about the background remover tool in canva.
So without wasting time, let’s dive in!
Can Canva remove the background of an image?
Yup! Removing the background of an image with canva is a piece of cake. With just one click, you save yourself the trouble of learning to remove the background in photoshop.
Is Canva background remover free?
The background remover tool in Canva is only available for those who have a Canva Pro account. If you currently have a free Canva account, you have the option to sign up for a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro and gain access to this tool for 30 days!
Where to find the background remover in canva?
The background remover tool can be located by clicking the edit image option found on the upper left side of the toolbar after selecting your image.
How to Use The Background Remover Tool in Canva
Out of all the tools, Canva makes it simple to remove the background of an image with just one click. It saves you a lot of time if you want to design your business graphics. Canva background remover is located on the upper left side of the Canva editor.
The background remover tool precisely removes the background using ai detection. But if the ai rarely missed something, the tool also gives you the option to erase or restore parts of the image.
How to Remove Background in Canva in Simple Steps
To remove the background of an image in Canva, follow these steps:
- Open Canva and click on “create a new design” located on the upper right side of Canva homepage.
- Upload an image on your Canva editor or select one from the built-in photo library. Click on the image to select it.
- After selecting an image/video, click on the edit option located in the upper left-hand side of the toolbar.
- After opening the edit image tab, you’ll find the background remover tool located on the far left side of the toolbar.
- In the left-hand side menu, click on “Background Remover”. The Background Remover tool will automatically remove the painted areas. If you need to make any adjustments, use the eraser tool to remove or add areas.
- Once you’re satisfied with the result, click the “Apply” button to save your changes.
Here is How to Remove Background in Canva
Step 1: Create a New Design
Open Canva and Click on create a new design.
Step 2: Upload Your Image on Canva
Drag and drop your image or choose any image from the canva editor.
Step 3: Select Image & Click on Edit
Select the image you want to remove the background of and click on edit image.
Step 4: Select Background Remover
Click on the background remover tool located in the toolbar.
Step 5: Erase or Restore the Background
Use the brushes to erase or restore parts of the image. After you are done, click on ‘Apply’!
How to Remove Background in Canva App
You can also remove the background of an image in the canva app. To remove the background, follow these steps:
- Open your canva app and go to canva editor.
- Select the image you want to edit and click on the “Effects” tab located at the bottom.
- Finally, select “Background Remover”.
- Canva background remover tool instantly removes the background on the image.
How to Remove Background From a Video in Canva
The best thing about having a Canva Pro account is that you can also remove the background from a video with a simple click. Here is how you can remove the background of a video in canva!
- Firstly, select the video you want to edit.
- Click on ‘Edit video’ located on the above toolbar.
- Select ‘Background remover’.
- Canva bg remover instantly removes the unwanted background.
This is exactly what I like about Canva. It is so resourceful and it’s exactly what I need for my business! Simple and useful.
Removing a video’s background is just like removing an image’s background in the Canva app.
Select your video > Effects > Background Remover > Background Removed!
Try Canva Pro Free Trial
If you are not sure whether you want to buy Canva Pro’s subscription, you can try and take advantage of the 30-day trial of Canva Pro for free.
Canva is the best thing that happened to me. Mainly because they offer a lot of the features for free!
Canva also offers full access to all of its pro tools and features to teachers and students because it believes that education should be 100% free. So, if you are an educator or student, go for it!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove unwanted backgrounds in Canva?
You can remove unwanted backgrounds in Canva using the background remover tool in Canva using the method described above.
Why did the background remover stop working in Canva?
If the background remover tool in Canva is not working for your image or video, it may be for the following reasons:
- The image/video is too small or large.
- The file format is not correct.
- The image/video has a lot of noise, is blurry, or has a lot of patterns.
How to remove background in Canva for free?
The only way you can remove background in canva for free is by using the Canva Pro free trial which gives you access to use Canva Pro for free for 30 days straight.
Can you remove a video’s background on the canva app?
Yup. Remove the background of a video in the Canva app by clicking on “edit video” and then selecting BG remover located in the toolbar.
How to remove background in Canva using a phone?
You can remove the background of an image or video in Canva by downloading and using the Canva app on your phone.
That wraps up my post! Don’t forget to read these posts down below!