Claiming your website on Pinterest can be a game-changer. By claiming your website on Pinterest, you can unlock additional features like keyword research, increase your reach, and connect with your target audience! In short, it’s a must if you want to use Pinterest for business.
Table of Contents
- Why Claiming Your Website Matters on Pinterest
- How to Claim Your Website on Pinterest
- Verifying Your Website Ownership
- Benefits Of Claiming Your Website On Pinterest
Why Claiming Your Website Matters On Pinterest
Claiming your website on Pinterest is necessary to get access to valuable features such as Pinterest Analytics, rich pins, Pinterest Ads Manager and the ability to get verified. Also, it creates a link between your website and your Pinterest account which provides a sense of authenticity and credibility to your brand.
How to Claim Your Website on Pinterest
Claiming your website on Pinterest is a simple process that involves a few steps:
Step 1: Create a Pinterest Business Account
To get started, you’ll need to have a Pinterest Business Account. If you don’t have one yet, head over to Pinterest and sign up for a business account. Make sure to complete your profile and include relevant information about your brand.
Step 2: Go to the Settings Page
Once you have set up your Pinterest business account, go to the settings page by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of your Pinterest profile. From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
Step 3: Claim Your Website
In the settings page, scroll down to the “Claim” section. Select “Claim” next to the “Website” option.
Step 4: Enter Your Website URL
Enter your website URL and include the full address, including the “http://” or “https://”. After entering the URL, click on the “Claim” button.
Verifying Your Website Ownership
After initiating the claim process, Pinterest offers different methods to verify your website ownership. The available methods include adding an HTML tag to your website’s header, uploading an HTML file to your website’s root directory, or connecting your website through your domain provider.
Verifying Your Website
After claiming your website, you need to verify it. Here’s how you do it traditionally:
- Choose the “Verify with HTML tag” option.
- Copy the provided HTML tag.
- Access the backend of your website.
- Locate the <head> section of your website’s theme HTML code.
- Paste the HTML tag within the <head> section.
- Save the changes and publish your website.
- Go back to Pinterest and click on “Verify”.
If you feel that you are not ready to mess with the theme’s root files, here is a simpler way to do it.
- Copy the “Verify with HTML tag” option.
- Download & Active WP Code plugin (it’s free).
- Go to “Code snippets” located at the lower left panel of your WordPress dashboard.
- Select “Header & Footer”.
- Paste the code in the header section.
- Go back to Pinterest and click on “Verify”!
If everything goes right, your website will get claimed on Pinterest immediately but it might take a day or two in some cases.
Benefits Of Claiming Your Website On Pinterest
Once your website is claimed on Pinterest, you can take advantage of various features tailored for businesses. Some of the key features include:
- Rich Pins: These pins provide additional context and information about your content, such as product details, article headlines, or recipe ingredients.
- Promoted Pins: By claiming your website on Pinterest, you gain access to Pinterest Ads Manager. This can boost your visibility by promoting selected pins to a larger audience. This feature allows you to target specific demographics, interests, and keywords.
- Pinterest Analytics: You can get valuable insights into the performance of your pins, audience engagement, and traffic is driven to your website. This is important to restrategize your content to bring in more traffic.
In short, claiming your website on Pinterest is crucial if you want to use Pinterest for online business!
How long can it take to claim a website on Pinterest?
The whole process of claiming your website on Pinterest usually takes a few minutes to complete. But it can take longer, depending on the method you choose. At most, it can take two days.
Can I claim multiple websites on Pinterest?
Yes, you can claim multiple websites on Pinterest. Follow the same process outlined in this article for each website you want to claim.
What are rich pins, and how do they benefit my website?
Rich pins provide additional context and information about your content on Pins for example ingredients for your recipes and prices for your products etc. They enhance user engagement and increase the chances of driving traffic back to your website.
Does claiming my website on Pinterest has any cost?
No, claiming your website on Pinterest is completely free of charge.